Top 5 Best Hotels Rutland Water
The best hotels suggest by user ratings.
Rutland water, the biggest man-made lake in Europe! If you’re looking to stay here it’s likely you’re an outdoors person looking for green hills to hike and water sports to enjoy.
The area is pack with outdoor activities, walking routes, cycling routes, fishing, golf and many more!
The lake is a reservoir man-made and opened in 1976 it was previously known as Empingham Reservoir and holds 124 million cubic meters of water.
If you’re planning a trip and want to stay in this location you will want to know which hotels to stay in.
We have listed the top 5 hotels rated by their reviews, quality and distance from Rutland Water.
The lake is around a 10 to 12 mile drive around its edge so any accommodation is not a long drive from any area around the lake.
If the hotels listed do not have vacancies you can simply view over 25 hotels in this area by following this link
#1 Barnsdale Hall Hotel, Barns Dale Village
- Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 11:00
Distances from the lake activities:
- 100 Meters from The Brasserie Restaurant
- 450 Meters away from the northern edge of the lake
- 450 Meters away from Rutland Water Fly Fishing
- 1.6 Miles from Rutland Water Cycling Club
- 1.7 Miles from Rutland Water Sports
- 2 Miles from Bugtopia and Rutland Water Park
- 2.8 Miles from Rutland Water Nature Reserve
- 3.5 Miles from the Anglian Water Bird Watching Center
- 5.5 Miles from the Rutland Water Fishing Lodge
- 6 Miles from the Rutland Sailing Club
- 7 Miles from Rutland Water Golf Club
If you’re planning on using these activities then this is most likely the place to stay in terms of distance but the location is a 2.5 miles drive away from shops and Oakham Town in the opposite direction.
The Barnsdale Hall Hotel is one of a class style the complex is a large area that houses the Hotel, Apartments and Lodges.
Features here include:
Crazy Golf Course
Everyone loves a challenge on the crazy golf come along and see if you get that hole in one!
If you fancy taking the golf more serious the hotel has its own chip and put course.
Indoor Swimming Pool
There is nothing more refreshing than taking a dip or a few lengths to start the day.
Up for a game of tennis? Grab your racket and hop on the court!
Search the Barnsdale Hall Hotel for vacancies using our calendar below.
#2 Barnsdale Lodge Hotel, Barnsdale Village
- Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 11:00
The hotel Is close to Barnsdale Hall so all previous distances from activities remain the same.
The Hotel itself offers slightly less in terms of in-house activities so will be more suited to those who plan on being out around the area during the day.
Don’t let this be a bad point ad the hotel is one fine historic originality over 250 years of history lies on its grounds and it’s listed in the Sunday Telegraph as one of the top 50 cosiest hotels in the United Kingdom!
For those who want a more relaxing place to stay this hotel has fine dining and luxury interiors.
A croquet lawn
Do you have the accuracy needed to get the ball through the hoops? Grab that mallet and hit that ball!
If you fancy a relax indoors, some food or drink then the conservatory is a top spot to attend.
Beautiful Court Yard
If the weather is on your side and you fancy soaking up some sun then you can enjoy a drink outside in the court yard.
The garden room is a lovely place to sit and chat with friends or other guests, get comfy on the soft chairs and sofas while you enjoy some social time.
Put your feet up and book in for a pamper in the Glow Salon, the company is external sourced from the lodge but is in partnership and comes to the lodge to serve your pampering needs.
Check accommodation here:
#3 Fox and Hounds, Exton Village
- Check-In 15:00 Check-Out 11:00
Fox and hound’s location is in Exton the distances from the activities are below:
- 2.1 Miles away from the northern edge of the lake
- 2.2 Miles away from Rutland Water Fly Fishing
- 4.5 Miles from Rutland Water Cycling Club
- 3.6 Miles from Rutland Water Sports
- 3.9 Miles from Bugtopia and Rutland Water Park
- 4.7 Miles from Rutland Water Nature Reserve
- 5.4 Miles from the Anglian Water Bird Watching Center
- 7.4 Miles from the Rutland Water Fishing Lodge
- 7.9 Miles from the Rutland Sailing Club
- 8.9 Miles from Rutland Water Golf Club
This lodge is Slightly north of the Rutland Water Lake and is a close drive to all location surrounding, it is 1.9 miles farther away than the first two accommodations.
The lodge comes ready with a bar, restaurant and free parking. You get free internet access and can make use of the picnic area.
If you fancy a snack but are too tired to leave the room this place offers room service at the pick up of a phone.
Take a stroll around the beautiful gardens, watch TV on the flat screens in your room.
The lodge comes in at a 4-star rating.
Check for vacancies:
#4 Kings Arms Inn, Wing Village
- Check-In 16:00 Check-Out 11:00
Distances from local activities:
- 2 Miles away from the southern edge of the lake
- 3.2 Miles from the Anglian Water Bird Watching Center
- 3.4 Miles from Rutland Water Golf Club
- 3.5 Miles from Rutland Water Nature Reserve
- 3.9 Miles from the Rutland Sailing Club
- 4.5 Miles from the Rutland Water Fishing Lodge
- 6 Miles away from Rutland Water Fly Fishing
- 6.1 Miles from Rutland Water Cycling Club
- 7 Miles from Rutland Water Sports
- 8 Miles from Bugtopia and Rutland Water Park
The Kings Arms Inn is located in Wing Village 2 miles from the southern side of Rutland Water Lake.
The Bed & Breakfast is rated as a 4-star accommodation and comes with restaurant, bar, cafe and parking.
The historic building is near the classic wing maze!
Constructed in 1649 the Inn has the class decor and stone exterior.
Check your dates here:
#5 Mill Street Pub & Kitchen
- Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 11:00
Situated in the town of Oakham this pub offers accommodation with a restaurant and bar.
The pub is 1.5 miles from the eastern side of the lake and the activity distances are as follows:
- 1.5 Miles away from the eastern edge of the lake
- 1.5 Miles from Rutland Water Nature Reserve
- 2.3 Miles from the Anglian Water Bird Watching Center
- 3.2 Miles away from Rutland Water Fly Fishing
- 3.3 Miles from Rutland Water Cycling Club
- 4.3 Miles from Rutland Water Sports
- 4.8 Miles from Bugtopia and Rutland Water Park
- 5.7 Miles from Rutland Water Golf Club
- 5.7 Miles from the Rutland Sailing Club
- 8.3 Miles from the Rutland Water Fishing Lodge
Oakham is a small town in Rutland and this accommodation is close to shops, bars, restaurants and Oakham Castle.
Although slightly further away from the other places this one has the best location for getting essentials and still is not a long drive from anywhere around the lake.
Look for availability here:
There we have it, 5 of the best hotels around Rutland Water Lake, I know the selection might not be the finest 5-star hotels but this post is about convenience and quality combined.